Monday, November 29, 2010

Mi casa es su casa....

Oh, the anxiety!! Our homestudy is tomorrow, and, of course, I am completely freaked out about it.  Cory is far more zen-like in his approach so at least one of us is calm(ish).  I, however, have decided that something is going to go terribly wrong--this whole experience has been pretty smooth, so the other shoe has to drop at some point, right?  And for some reason I have convinced myself that the problem is Maggie, our 11-year-old furbaby.  She is known as the Photoshopped Dog (my sister's nickname), as she has a spaniel face, a lab body and toothpick legs, with large ballbearing google eyes that generally point in opposite directions.  She’s a beaut, let me tell you.  As she is regularly beaten up by our cats I don't know why I am convinced that she is going to leap into action, Cujo-style, and disembowel the social worker, but there you have it.  If you haven't met Maggie yet, here is a picture: 



She had a long day of hiking and digging trenches in our campground, and was tired and cold.  This picture just screams fatherly love, doesn't it?  Someone get this man a baby, and make it snappy!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh good luck!!! I love that picture. Tell Margaret Mary Catherine Hoolihan to behave herself or Auntie Amy will not send her a chocolate doggie Santa this year.

    ReplyDelete