Not much new to post, as we are waiting in great anticipation for our fingerprinting date from the USCIS. In the meantime, here is some fun trivia about Ethiopia:
· 85% of the Ethiopian workforce are farmers
· Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee (which fits us just fine!). It is considered extremely rude not to accept a coffee when offered one. Whatever shall we do?
· Ethiopia is the only African country with its own alphabet and numbers. The Ethiopian alphabet consists of 33 letters and 7 characters.
· There are 13 months in the Ethiopian Calendar. The first 12 months have 30 days, the last month 6. New Year is celebrated on September 11th and they are almost eight years behind the western calendar.
· Traditionally, parents and children do not share a last name. Most kids take their father’s first name as their last name.
· The Blue Nile, the chief headstream of the Nile, rises in T'ana Hayk (Lake Tana) in northwest Ethiopia.